Experience the diverse cultural heritage of Singapore while your cruise ship is in port. Travel with your own private guide into the heart of Little India, Arab Street and Chinatown to discover shophouses and eateries established by Indian, Malay and Chinese communities. You’re exposed to an assortment of goods — Islamic textiles, Chinese calligraphy, silk saris and more — on this half-day shore excursion, which includes round-tip port transport by private vehicle.
- Half-day private shore excursion of Singapore’s cultural heritage
- Visit Singapore’s Little India Arcade on Campbell Lane
- See the Sultan Mosque on Arab Street and browse for local souvenirs in Chinatown
- Learn about three captivating cultures from your private English-speaking guide
- Round-trip transport by comfortable air-conditioned private vehicle
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Get a personalized introduction to the multicultural city of Singapore on this 4-hour shore excursion, which begins with pickup at the port by private vehicle. You’ll travel to three districts that highlight Indian, Malay and Chinese heritage.
First, stroll with your guide through Little India, a spice-scented treasure trove of storefronts brimming with brassware, silverware and dazzling silk saris. You’ll find jasmine garlands, incense and Indian sweets among the numerous storefronts of Little India Arcade on Campbell Lane.
Your next stop is Arab Street, the heart of Singapore’s Muslim community. Among a dense concentration of shops and restaurants you’ll find textile stores draped with vibrantly dyed batiks and other merchandise reflecting the Islamic world, including jewelry, basket ware and antiques.
Check out the Sultan Mosque before continuing on to Chinatown, whose narrow streets and refurbished shophouses are home to a significant community of Chinese immigrants. Inform your guide of your interests and go in search of teahouses, Chinese medicine purveyors and calligraphers that have practiced their time-honored trades for generations.
Browse the fascinating stalls for souvenirs before your cultural heritage tour ends with return transport to the Singapore cruise terminal.
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private, air-conditioned vehicle
- Private English-speaking guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- 4 hours